venerdì 29 dicembre 2006

Why I now drive Don Quixote

“In a place in Piemonte, whose name I do not want to recall, not so long ago there dwelt a car of the type wont to keep a tough steering wheel, a bunch of magazines in the trunk, an old umbrella and an outdated phone token”*

When C told me that she had named her car Moby Dick (see comment under Why I need a name for my mum’s car) it it hit me that my car should be named Don Quixote, Errant Car! The reasons are simple:

Firstly, the car is a Fiat Uno that firmly believes itself to be a Ferrari TestaRossa...

Secondly, the dictionary definition of errant is :
1. straying from the proper course or standard, or outside of established limits – Sounds like my car

2. prone to making errors – Yes my car is... as am I really

3, travelling in search of adventure- I’m pretty sure that when i park it and leave it for a while it goes off on its own

Thirdly, it has the tendency to “fight windmills”...i.e freak out and battle things that simply are not there (yes! IT..the car does... not me the driver mmm...)

Fourthly, the novel had me laughing to the point of tears and at times i reach the same point whilst driving

Fifthly, my memories with the car when my mum used to drive it have a special place in my heart as does the book (cheesy)

Finally,if my car is Don Quixote that makes me Sancho Panza---what more could a girl want?!?!

Nessun commento: